Mission Statement

The Rocky Mountain Society of Botanical Artists is an open and diverse group of artists, collectors and admirers who share a love for the practice and perpetuation of botanical art and illustration with a fond focus on plants in the Rocky Mountain Region.
We encourage and participate in educational outreach, juried and non-juried exhibits, lectures, workshops and regular chapter meetings. The RMSBA is proud to be the very first chapter affiliation of the international organization, the American Society of Botanical Artists.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 19 - A Drawing a Day

Drawing On the Masters
A critic at my house sees some paintings. Greatly perturbed, he asks for my drawings. My drawings! Never! They are my letters, my secrets.
Paul Gauguin

Cactus bits, colored pencil on toned paper, by Susi Olson. "Wow my little cactus finally has decided to grow! I think I should ignore them more often. I tried setting a timer to see what i could do in ten minutes." Susi Olson

How About: Taking Susi's tip, and setting a timer to limit your drawing time. Sometimes, a little pressure is a wonderful thing. If you step out of your own way, not thinking so much about drawing, but thinking about "beating the clock" you might find your inner artist takes over in very lovely ways.
 
For more discussion about timed drawings, click HERE!

Click HERE to send your drawing scans to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment