Greetings from beautiful Capitol Reef National Park. The orchards at Fruita have bloomed and it's petalfall by the Fremont River. Populus fremontii is in bloom, too, with amazing green and red male flowers and tightly bundled green female buds; the trees are dioecious and it's really evident right now.
Members Meeting: Our first meeting this year is on March 26, 2017, at the Lakewood Library from 1-3 pm, 10200 W. 20th, Lakewood, CO. The Executive committee wants to focus on the many ways you can get involved in either local RMSBA activities or national exhibits hosted by ASBA and other affiliated groups. Please note that the Lakewood Library does not have a cafe so bring your own refreshments.
1. Update on Open studio, Cannabis exhibit, Gathering of the Guilds and Tagawa Gardens.
2. RARE II exhibit traveling to Ft. Collins Museum of Discovery in May 2017 before traveling to Betty Ford Gardens in August.
3. ASBA's Out of the Woods exhibit
4. Upcoming Worldwide Exhibit
5. National conference insight
6. Open discussion
7. Members: bring any of your current art works that you would like to share or ask for advice.
RARE II venues just keep comin’, after two years on the road. We’re thrilled that the RARE II exhibit will travel to the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery for May – July 2017, after closing at the CU Museum of Natural History, and before moving to the Betty Ford Gardens in Vail in August.
Gathering of the Guilds in 45 Days. April 30, 2017, Boettcher Mansion, Lookout Mountain.